The Competition has now closed
Thank you to everyone who entered we have had a very difficult task sorting through the 52 entries and over 150 photos.
Entrants will be notified shortly and the 12 winning entries to be featured in this year's calendar will be revealed towards the end of October when our 2020 calendar is launched.
Welcome to the Figgate Park Photo Competition! This is your chance to have up to three photographs featured in our 2020 Figgate Park Calendar.
How to enter: Email up to three images to firstname.lastname@example.org Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and a title. Image files must be at least 1024 pixels on the longest side and in landscape format.
All pictures must be taken in the park, or be photos of the park and taken since 1st September 2018.
Closing date for entries is Saturday 31st August 2019
The Judging Panel (to be announced) will meet in September to decide on the winning photographs. All winners will be contacted: By Saturday 28th September 2019
All winning entries will all be featured in the 2020 Figgate Park Calendar, with a full credit for each entrant. Winners will also receive a copy of the calendar.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. This Competition is open to anyone aged 18 years or over, or anyone under 18 with parent or guardian permission.
2. All information detailing how to enter this Competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entry into this Competition is by email to email@example.com Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and a title. Image files must be at least 1024 pixels on the longest side, and in landscape format. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants an irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Friends of Figgate Park to feature any or all of the submitted images on their websites (including Facebook page and Twitter feed) and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Maximum of three entries per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. The winning entries will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, original or fun. The winners will be notified by 28th September 2019.
9. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
10. Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Friends of Figgate Park and accordingly the Friends of Figgate Park may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Friends of Figgate Park as a result thereof.
The 2020 Figgate Park Calendar is sponsored by Hitachi
All proceeds support the work of the Friends of Figgate Park.